MY FIRST SHOT OF IRISH COFFEE



Greetings, fellow coffee geeks. Of all the coffees I’ve had, 2 coffee experiences stand out in my mind till today. The first one being my very first shot of Irish coffee. It’s been a while since I’ve had an Irish coffee but I could honestly say I’ve had only a handful of truly great Irish coffee experiences. I've had about 3 or 4 truly exceptional ones.

I still have very fond memories of coffee sampling in the name of serious scientific research with my very good friend Manik when we hang out together. LOL We picked an ideal place, the Central Hotel Farivalhu Restaurant to sample this blend since it was one of the few places that offers Irish coffee in Male’.Before I continue, I have to confess, I was a bit hesitant about this coffee at first, due to its alcoholic contents. Irish coffee is a mixture consisting of strong coffee, Irish whiskey and sugar, topped with thick whipped cream. We had a slightly modified version of Irish coffee which is drinkable for Muslims. The Irish whiskey is replaced by concentrated lemon and orange juice in this version of Irish coffee. The non alcoholic Irish coffee is also called Virgin Irish coffee.

With the very first sip, the taste jumped out at me. It was incredibly sweet and syrupy. I must say this stuff will kick start your day. Just an outstanding blend that can perk you up. As a conclusion for our serious coffee research we discovered that the genuine taste of Irish coffee is achieved when we drink the coffee through the whipped cream. I wanted to lick the cup clean its simply the most thrilling coffee experience I’ve had.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment